The Jaws of Victory is a 2-map simulation of the January-February 1944 battle of the Korsun-Cherkassy Pocket that took place in the Ukraine. It’s a classic pincer movement by two Soviet Armies that pocketed two German Korps. The Germans soon counterattacked with seven Panzer divisions in an attempt to relieve the pocket. The relief effort came close to success, but ultimately failed. The trapped units eventually broke out while incurring significant losses.
• Germans must hold continuous front along the campaign start line until released
• German J & K bridges (for heavy tank river crossings)
• German Operation “Wanda” extra air availability
• German breakout: Every man for himself
• Panther & Tiger bridge collapse
• Panther reliability
• Special Soviet artillery barrage
• Soviet minefields
• Ukrainian partisans
• German rail reinforcement
• German Korsun air supply and air drop supply
Game System: East Front adaptation of “The Killing Ground” – Differences & additions include:
• Movement and Combat similar to Killing Ground
• ZOC/ZOI: A ZOC (zone-of-control) or ZOI (zones-of-influence) is determined by the number of infantry steps in a hex. Both ZOCs and ZOIs cost movement points to enter/exit. ZOC to ZOC movement is allowed by Germans only; ZOI to ZOI movement is allowed for all units.
• Supply delivery system based on distance from supply source – on map markers eliminate the need for supply tracks – supply varies with frozen or mud ground condition,
• Special air supply rules after Korsun pocket creation
• Special Soviet barrage capability
• New armor combat loss feature based on relative effectiveness of participating tank types
• New German armor reaction and withdrawal
• New breakthrough combat result
• New Defensive armor opportunity fire against moving armor
• Includes reserve movement and combat
• Simple replacement system (no counting of losses for replacement points)
• Simplified air availability (only support to combat and no interdiction)
• Deleted variable strength markers in lieu of fixed value strength; but increased number of steps per unit
The game comes boxed and ready to play. Game includes; two 22 x 24 in. maps, 1280 die-cut counters, a rule book and play book, two dice, and assorted charts and tables.
Base postage cost: £6.50
Postage is calculated based on the delivery method and your delivery location. The base postage price represents Second Class Royal Mail sent within the UK. Please check your basket for an accurate postage calculation.